Monday, April 6, 2015

An embarassing moment from my past (fictional)

As the sun set and the moon slowly appeared through the clouds and sparkling stars , I gaze out the open window only to realise that the sky was slowly starting to fill up with dark clouds .. The distinct sound of thunder rumbling could be heard as the sound waves travelled to my ears . Being very afraid of the ominous roars of thunder , I quickly stretched my hand out to reach for the window handle . I shut the window tight to ensure the interior of the house would not get wet when it poured . Just as soon as I let go of the window handle , the first rain droplet landed on the window .

Soon , the window looked as if it was diseased with spots . The only thing I can do then was to watch some cartoons on the television before I sleep . At this time of the day , all channels would be showing cartoons , one of which is my favourite , " Tom & Jerry " . Just as it was coming to the exciting part , suddenly , the television just shut off automatically . The screen became pitched black . It was as if the television was haunted . I yelled at the top of my lungs to alert my father that something was wrong with the television . He hurried down the stairs to check on the television .

After much shifting of the television and the colourful wires connected to the power socket , then only did my father realise that maybe it was the stormy weather which affected the television . Although it was raining heavily outside , he insisted on going out to check on the condition of the television antenna located on our roof . True enough as my dad looked up towards the sky , he noticed that the antenna was broken .  

No comments:

Post a Comment